- Our employers say great things about our students! 98% of employers state our co-op students meet or exceed their expectations.
- Quality over Quantity: Admission to the program is limited, and students are selected based on an application, GPA and an entrance interview. Candidates are pre-screened for job readiness.
- Maturity. Students join co-op in Year 3, meaning all students have completed at least five academic semesters prior to their first work term.
- Funding subsidies such as the Ontario Tax Credit, Student-Work Integrated Learning Program (SWILP) and NSERC Experience Awards make it affordable.
- Our programs are accredited by the Canadian Association for Cooperative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL Canada). Employers and students can be assured that our programs meet and exceed national quality standards.
- Our students have the option of combining two work terms back to back, allowing you to hire for 4 or 8 months from most programs.
- We offer free services to employers to support your recruitment and promotional strategies, including job posting on our online recruitment system, preparing application packages, facilitating on-campus interviewing, and hosting career and promotional events.
- We are a relatively small co-op program, and know our students well. We provide full support to our students and employers before, during and after the work term.
- Hiring a co-op student is a great way to trial a candidate for a potential full-time position, with minimal risk.
- Academic Excellence: McMaster is one of only five Canadian universities (and one of only two in Ontario) consistently ranked among the top 100 in the world by the major global ranking systems.
- McMaster was named Canada’s most research-intensive, medical-doctoral university by Research Infosource 2017.
- McMaster is home to more than 70 research centres and institutes.
- The McMaster Model, a student-centred, problem-based, interdisciplinary approach to learning, has been adopted worldwide.
We look forward to building a strong and mutually beneficial partnership with you.
Minimum Work Term Requirements
- 420 hours of paid employment within each 4 month term
- Work must be full-time, with a minimum of 35 hours per week